Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day 4 | 98 miles to Blythe, CA | Welcome to the Jungle


Man, this is round two of trying to do my blog. I had it completed and try to post it and then it all went away so this might be a little shorter, I apologize for that. Here is a picture of me this morning before we left the hotel all dressed up and ready to hit the jungle. Do I look like a desert ninja?








Yup the jungle waters I 10 and it really wasn’t that bad. I thought for sure this was going to be the worst day of the tour and it really ended up being OK. The shoulders were wide and the traffic was relatively light and the trucks were very nice and moved over. Some of the roads were not as nice as this one right here a lot of cracks and the wind was heavy in the late afternoon as were the tough terrible roads in the late afternoon. It really wore me out today with the rough roads, the heat, and the wind. But I’m feeling great.

Here is a map of where we went today.



And the nice cool heat.


Here is the video from today.


Here are some pictures from today, check out the shoulder and the lack of traffic during different periods of the day.








Here is a rest stop at a not so busy post office.


Yes, the market was closed.



Check out the bad shoulder.  No room on my bike for anyone else.


Tom put the luggage on the end of my bed likes he does every afternoon.  Not a lot of room in those bags for 48 days.


So I have a laundry routine, but basically involves putting my dirty clothes into the bottom of the shower and taking a shower and stomping on my clothes and then I had a more shampoo and soap to them as well to get them good and clean. I’ve become the washing machine the human washing machine. Then I roam up in a towel to get the extra water out and hang around the room and I haven’t had any issues in the morning with having wet clothing.




Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely across the desert today. Love you have a new talent as human washing machine! Art and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog. I'm vicariously enjoying your journey. PS Nice bike.

    ReplyDelete