Wednesday, May 9, 2018

I leave in 2 Days

I leave for LA on Friday afternoon, and it's Wednesday afternoon.  It's almost here, and I keep getting asked mainly one question, "So are you ready"?  I think so, I have done the training, and everything that I need to do, and have dropped some lbs. to make the ride easier, especially over the Rockies. 

The only real issue, and it's not a big issue now, is the transportation of my bike.  It was supposed to go out on Friday (#1 on the above picture), but it wasn't picked up until Monday afternoon (#2 on the above picture).  That is really the only stress that I have, and the Fedex tracking says that it should arrive on Friday by end of day.  There is just no more room for error, as I need it on Friday to put it back together.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but this past weekend was a little stressful, waiting for the FedEx tracking to update, and once it didn't by Saturday afternoon, I called the bike shop and asked what was up.  They said they brought it to the local drop, although it's not an actual FedEx location,  FedEx does pick up from there daily.  The only problem was the pick up at 3:00 from that location, and my bike was not there by 3:00.  And by the time I called the bike shop on Saturday to ask about all of this, and then I called the postal location, the location was closed for the WEEKEND at noon on Saturday, and I was calling after noon.  Although I didn't know they were closed at the time, I just thought they were busy and not answering the phone, so I decided to go down there.  All I could do was look through the back door window and see my Big Bike Box sitting there on the floor waiting to go out.

So there was nothing I could do but wait until Monday, although I had to head to a conference on Sunday afternoon.  Thankfully Lynn when by there on Monday and spoke with them, and they assured her that it would be picked up that afternoon around 3:00, which it was.  And now it is in transit in New Mexico somewhere.

I will repack probably tonight and/or tomorrow to make sure I have everything and that it fits into my 2 small bags.  Stay tuned.

I hope that you will follow along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment