Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day 8 | 50 miles a lot of climbing and beautiful views, through Sedona to Flagstaff


Another great day and so pretty, it’s amazing what all you can see on a bike. Above this is at the Pink Pig Plaza in Sedona. Tomorrow is a rest day, and well deserved after a long week and a lot of climbing today. Below is the map. What you can’t see are the headwinds we had today, but the scenery took our minds off of them. 

Check out the video. If you usually don’t watch, watch it today, and see how the terrain changes and so does the color of the landscape.

Here is some info from my computer about today’s ride.


Each morning starts off with a ritual of Chamois Butt’r (yes) and sunscreen. 


This my dinner last night. I remembered why I don’t order chicken fried steak, but it was a diner that they said was really good. Should have gone with the burger, but I ate it. 

Scenes leaving Cottonwood on the way to Sedona, very nice ride. 



Welcome to Sedona. The pictures are in order of the ride, as are the scenery pics above. 
































Leaving Sedona, and going down before we go back up.



Notice the trees and shade, the first we have seen. 


 Climbing back up after going down after Sedona. 

Looking down on some turns that I just climbed, see the little cars?

See the road way down there with switchbacks that I climbed. 

The road is way down there that we came up, yes I know I have said it several times, it was a big climb.

At the top, or what I thought was the top, instead it was just a great look out. 


Careful Bruce The Moose is loose and we know he is around here in the next 10 miles. 








Mural on the side of a Bike shop. 


A late lunch. 


I just got back from dinner and put a load of laundry in to clean the sink/shower washing that I have been doing and the other street clothes that need to be cleaned. I will also try to answer some more questions in another post tomorrow, so send your questions to brucegreen2@comcast.net and follow me on facebook as well, BruceA. Green.  

Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

1 comment: