Saturday, May 12, 2018

I am here, and my BIKE is here!! (In L.A.)




So I arrived yesterday afternoon to LA, and on my flight, I had WiFi, so I was able to track my bike and it was delivered.  This was a great relief for those of you that don’t know, my bike was supposed to have left Nashville last Friday, and because of complications, didn’t leave until Monday afternoon.  What was supposed to be a no big deal shipment with a few extra days of cushion, turned out to be just on time, and the cushion was needed.

I built up my bike this morning myself while everyone else was waiting to be checked in or waiting on the mechanic.  Glad that I have some mechanical skills, and they might come in handy on the trip, hope not, but better to have them and not need them.

We will have a 3 hour meeting later this afternoon to go over the tour, routes, rules, housekeeping, and I am sure an introduction of everyone.  Will keep your posted.

Well that wasn’t so bad.  A few introductions, safety tips, route rap, housekeeping, and general info, and 2 1/2 hours later we are good to go.  Dinner will be at 6 in a conference room in the hotel, a nice group dinner.  Most will be at restaurants, but tonight they wanted us to meet everyone, and have a chance to talk to a lot of different people.

Tomorrow we are up at 5 am as they want us on the road to Manhattan Beach around 6:30 where we will take pictures and say good bye to our friends and family.  Tomorrow is only an 80 mile day, and looks to be nice weather.

Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


CLICK HERE TO DONATE


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.


THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that both YOU and YOUR BIKE made it. Tod and I will be following and cheering you all the way across the land. Here's to great days ahead for you. Cheers. Janet

    ReplyDelete