Thursday, May 17, 2018

Day 6 | 60 miles, a lot of climbing to Prescott, AZ


This is the route map that we will be taking across the US, some people have been asking.

Here is breakfast today.  Some have asked about food, and I will address that as well.  Breakfast is usually just standard Free hotel breakfast.  Breakfast usually doesn’t open until 6;00 am, that is why we aren’t getting started until 7:30, I would prefer an earlier start especially in the desert. 



Not sure what I am doing wrong on the blogger, but I lost it again?  Keep saving it as a draft, anyone know about blogger?
Here are some pics from today.






Top of the first mountain we climbed, elevation around 4850 ft.




On the way down.





First sightings of trees, and greenery.







I just came from down there.




The high point today, and then we went down 1000 ft. Of elevation.


Downtown Prescott, nice, and has trees.







Here is a pic of my route, it is on the paper folded into quarters, once I finish one side I flip it over.  No, we don’t ride together, although we can, we are really now our own to do our own ride.  Some people are faster on the hills, and others are faster on the flats, and some are just having a bad day.

Here is a picture of my computer.  It is currently on the climbing “page” and shows a lot of climbing info.  It also has a mapping function, and I am having trouble uploading the maps in the hotel.  Called customer service this afternoon.


I am at the bike shop this afternoon, having a issue with an annoying click, and the last 2 nights the tour mechanic can’t find it, so I thought I would try another bike dude.  Not sure if it’s gone, but gave him $20 for his efforts.  Let’s hope, because it is driving me crazy on the long slow quiet climbs.


Maps from today.



And the video link.




Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog. Thanks for sharing.

    How about some "people" pictures?

    ReplyDelete