Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Tour de USA | $40,000 |Rest Day Abilene, KS



Welcome to my REST DAY!!  It is a great day in small town Abilene, KS.  There isn’t a lot here, but Lynn is here and we went out to dinner in 1 of 3 restaurants that were open yesterday.  Most places are closed on Monday’s as they are open on the weekend.  We took several of my friends with us last night, and there were others that had wives in town that brought a lot of the other bikers to the same bar/restaurant, and the tour group had a van or 2 there.  So a lot of bikers in a bar in Abilene, not sure anyone was scared of us.

This am I got up around 6:00 and headed to the laundry to clean my clothes, and much to my surprise, there was already a load in the washer, one was done and already in the dryer, and another 1 if not 2 bags of laundry were on top of the washer in line.  So we had breakfast, and headed to a local laundromat and got it taken care of.

$40,000
So what is the significance of $40,000?  Anyone know?  That is right WE have raised $40,000 (including my company, Macquarie’s match). That is an amazing amount, and I wanted to thank each and everyone of you!!  I feel blessed to have so many loving and caring friends to be able to make this kind of monetary contribution to The Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital.  Thank You!
THANK YOU!!

Q. How are things going?
A. Very well.  I feel great, and am having the time of my life.  There are some challenges, and I have been able to over come them all.  Some days are easy, some are very trying, and others are just great.

Q. How’s your butt?
A. With proper “Butt” Management, I am fine.  I can say that some of my other friends have had bigger issues than I have, that have forced them to take a day off, I have not.

Q. What’s the biggest thing to you that you didn’t expect? What is different than you had planned for?
A. The most amazing thing is when I posted the google map of where I was at that time, and where I started, it was just amazing to me how far I had already gone.  It was a nice sense of accomplishment, and I still have plenty more to go. Below is the map that I posted several days ago, I am farther along now than the red “X”, I am actually at the Orange POI in KS close to Missouri.


Q. A lot of questions center around the day’s ride, how did it go, etc.
A. I try to answer those questions in the blog.  I also post on Facebook, and if you want to follow me there as well, please do.  I am Bruce A. Green on facebook, use the “A.” To find me, you might even want to search in facebook “Bruce A. Green, Nashville” to find me.

Q. This isn’t really a question, but more of a Thank You to each of you for your support, contributions, and following along on My journey.
A. Thank You

Q. How well were you prepared for the ride?
A. I feel that I was very well prepared, especially because of my rides with the Harpeth Bike Club. They are a great group of people, and I really enjoy their company.  As a working guy, I can only ride so much, so I feel that I was prepared as well as I could have expected.  The only thing that I wasn’t prepared for was the amount of time day after day in the saddle.  It is hard to simulate that amount of time, and still work. But all in all, I feel great, and well prepared. A specially shout out to Jerry F. and Durk P., they were making sure I was getting in the days and miles that I needed too.  Thanks guys!


Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment