Thursday, June 21, 2018

Tour de USA | Stage 41 Rest Day Erie, PA 0 miles



Today was a beautiful day in Erie, PA.  The truth is I really didn’t do much, as I got a lot of my chores done yesterday afternoon, like cleaning my bike, and laundry.  So there wasn’t a lot to do other than rest.

So my day was filled with eating 3 nice meals, 2 naps, walking and sitting by the lake, stretching in the pool, and icing my knees, and then sitting in the hot tub.  Atually that sounds like a pretty full day, when you add in that I went downtown with Tom, Cathy, Navi, and Peyton for lunch at a Brew Pub,

It was a really good day to do all of the resting that I did do.  See some of the pictures below from this morning.







The google map above shows all of the stops that I have made along the way, and the easternmost point that is orange is Erie, PA where I am currently for the rest of the evening, and then we are off to Hamburg, NY tomorrow.

We I look at the map, it amazes me that I have covered so much ground already.  It really doesn’t sem like 40 days have gone by when I left Nashville and started out on this journey.

So tomorrow is a special day for me, and my family, besides being the last week and final push into Boston for our tire dip in the Atlantic, it is also a very special day that unfortunately I will miss.  It is a day where a great friend of the family, and of my father’s, and his business partner at The Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, Dr. Greg M. Will be honoring my father with an unveiling of a painting of him that will hang in the department of pediatric orthopedics on one of the walls overlooking the chief residents.  My wife, Lynn, my son Grant, my sister Lisa, her husband Charlie, and my mother Lesley will all be there representing us, and I wish that I were there to support them during this wonderful honor that the department is bestowing on  my father, Neil E. Green, MD.  We all miss him, and they are all there representing us well.  Thanks guys!

Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment