Sunday, June 24, 2018

Tour de USA | Stage 44 Syracuse, NY 70 miles



Another great day on the bike today.  It started out looking very gray, and the forecast was for an 80% chance of rain, and again today it was a little damp on the roads, and about 100% humidity, but no real rain.  I think if I keep wearing my rain coat around my waist that it won’t rain, at least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  I rode with Cathy and Mark P. Today and one of the many times that we stopped for someone to take off or put on their jacket the cows were talking to us, “Let me out, Let me out!”

Today is Grant’s 20th birthday, so Happy Birthday Grant!  As I was thinking about him and what he was probably doing last night, I past this sign, and was wondering if they have signs like this at their “off campus” house??


Who said I am not Amish?  Anyone need some fresh vegetables?  I also sell furniture, fine craftsmanship. 

The Finger Lakes Livestock Exchange.


A view of one of the finger lakes, Seneca Lake. 


Waterloo, NY


First convention for Women’s Rights, and the National Park for Women’s Rights.


Upstate NY is very similar to a lot of the mid-west, a lot of corn fields, and farms.




We saw a lot of old cars doing a Rally today, except this poor guy’s transmission went out and he was stuck right there.  One of our group tried to talk to them right after they figured out they were stuck and they weren’t in the talking mood.


Coming into Syracuse we came across a one lane bridge, take your turn.


Here are a couple of action shots from today.





Below is the map from today, welcome to upstate NY, and Syracuse.


A relatively light mileage day, and light climbing, good for the knee, although it is still hurting some, just taking it easier.


Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment