Sunday, June 3, 2018

Tour de USA | Stage 23 McPherson, KS 65 miles


What a difference a day makes!  The scenery is pretty much the same, but it is getting a little greener, and some more hills.  Look at my new favorite website info below.  I only had a headwind for 6% of today versus 91% yesterday, AND the headwind was less than 1 mph, so no big deal, where as yesterday we were averaging 21+ mph headwinds.  The temps were mild as well.  The hardest thing we had today was finding a lunch spot on a Sunday before noon.  We finished around 11:50 with our relatively short 65 mile ride today.  


The big news is that we hit 1500 total miles today!!!

Here I am in the front of the paceline. Picture credit to my friend, Diane from NYC.




Here is a nice building in one of the cities/towns that we rolled through.  I think it was the public square building, housing a lot of public services, and library.


Below is the SAG stop today, I am the one in the middle with the colorful jersey.



Here is Tom leaving a SAG, and me being silly and taking his picture.  He had some pecan pies for us at SAG today.  We were very happy with this snack.


One of my friends/fraternity brothers/health nut/engineer turned lawyer/ nutritionist (Jim C.) has been on me about my eating too many carbs and not enough protein. So I ordered a roast beef sandwich with provolone and horseradish for my after ride lunch, and sent him a picture.  He said too many carbs, not enough protein.  LOL, I am trying.  I then went to a local ice cream shop and had a double scoop and some chocolate milk.  More protein! :)



Due East today, 1 more riding day tomorrow to Abilene, then a rest day.

Check out my speed today, I can average a much higher speed with no wind!!



Here is the video for today: Check out Tour de USA | Stage 23 McPherson, KS 65 miles  https://www.relive.cc/view/1615468072


Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment