Saturday, June 9, 2018

Tour de USA | Stage 29 Kirksville, MO 75 miles



Another great day, with the same 4 H’s, but we have the hydration working in my favor, I drink as much water and Gatorade as possible.  Today I drank, I think, 7 bottles of liquid, and that is after overhydrating before the ride started.  It was another hot and humid day.

Often in cycling we talk about rollers, being these small little hills, that are just annoying to some, other love them, and don’t mind them, but in any case, take a look at the profile in red above, every little spike is the top of a hill, clearly some are bigger than others, and some were at a large % grade.  Several hit 15, and 16%, that’s a lot even on a 75 mile ride.

Today we rode to Kirksville, MO.

My friend, Scotty H., from Nashville came to visit me for 2 days.  Great to see a smiling face making fun of me.


Just a bunch of rolling hills, corn, fields, and a road.







Truman State University is located in Kirksville, MO, who knew?


Here is a poem from my friend, Randy S. From Jacksonville, FL.  Someone sent it to him when his father passed away, and he changed a few words and sent it to me.  I am not sure of the original author. Another thoughtful and kind email from a friend.  Thanks Randy!

In memory of Neil!

He never looked praises 
He was never one to boost
He went on quietly doctoring
For the ones he loved the most.

Dreams  were seldom spoken
His wants were very few
Most of the time his worries
Went unspoken too

He was Bruce’s foundation 
Through all the storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold on to
In times of stress and strife

A true friend we could talk with
When times were good or bad
One of our greatest blessings
The man that we called Dad.

Here is the map of today’s ride.

Not a bad average for the amount hills. Here is the video: Check out Tour de USA | Stage 29 Kirksville, MO https://www.relive.cc/view/1627973983

Had a great lunch at a local Greek place. 


So after 3 weeks of riding, I finally found my favorite drink at a local store.  Glad to have a San Pellegrino!!


Thank you for following along with me on this journey, and if you can please make a donation to the Children's Hospital below.  100% of your funds go to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.


https://vanderbilt.ejoinme.org/bikeacrosstheusa


As a non-profit institution, the Children's Hospital provides care to the children who come through its' doors regardless of the family's ability to pay.  Caring support from the community allows this level of service to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment